Hygiene Operative - Nights
We currently have an opportunity available for a Hygiene Operative - Nights to join our team based in Syston, Leicester. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive rate of £9.79 - £10.40 per hour.
Pukka Pies is a friendly, family owned independent company with an outstanding reputation as a brand leader in its market. We have ambitious growth plans and as part of these plans we have developed a new shift pattern that will support the business achieve the capacities required.
As our Hygiene Operative - Nights, you will ensure that Pukka Pies consistently produce safe, legal products to the high standards required. You will meet all the standards set by the BRC Global Food Safety Standard and continually challenge to drive improvements in systems and standards.
You will report to our Hygiene Front Line Manager and our QA & Hygiene Manager working shifts of 4 on and 4 off, 6.00pm to 6.00am averaging 42 hours per week.
Responsibilities of our Hygiene Operative - Nights:
- Ensure all site cleaning activities are carried out as per the site Master Sanitation Schedule and to the correct standard
- Complete general cleaning duties that are responsible, but not exclusive to the Hygiene team
- Ensure all tasks completed adhere to site H&S procedures
- Assist the Hygiene Supervisor with the daily management, validation, recording and re-scheduling of all planned cleaning activities
- Provide technical/hygiene information as required by both internal and external customers
- Complete necessary training that is relevant to the role
- Provide information and requirements to the Hygiene Supervisor in relation to departmental training needs
- Assist in sites pest control scheme
- Assist in accident investigation reporting when required
- Communicate effectively what hygiene equipment, consumables, company clothing and PPE needs ordering
- Completes and maintains all routine hygiene records/documentation
- Communicate any issues or maintenance requirements of all hygiene equipment and effectively report these
- Promote the waste & recycling activities
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement to hygiene standards and associated costs through providing solutions to existing methods and problem solving where required
- Embrace departmental and business changes and positively contributes to these changes where required
- Ensure aspects of the BRC Standard relevant to the role are complied with and that the systems you are responsible for are audit ready at all times
- Assist with the preparation and on the day management of third party audits, enforcement authority visits and customer visits
- Support all other departments as required to ensure that all Technical/Hygiene objectives and KPIs are met
Skills and experience required of our Hygiene Operative - Nights:
Previous cleaning experience would be an advantage but full training will be given to the successful candidate.
What can we offer you?
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health care
- Death in Service benefit
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Hygiene Operative - Nights, then please click apply today! We look forward to receiving your application.