Class 1 HGV Driver
2 days left
- Full Time
Class 1 HGV Driver – Southend - £655 per week + Monthly Fuel Bonus (£34,000 - £36,000 pa) – Full Time, Permanent
Our client is looking for a Class 1 HGV Drivers to join their team.
They are only looking for drivers that can stay out all week!
The trucks available are all automatic Volvo tractor units with I-Shift gearboxes (2010 or newer).
The work is consistent i.e. it is a full time, permanent job, Monday to Friday.
About the role
The class 1 role would involve working directly for their customers, on contract. They would be your contact point for all operational work, however they would be your point of contact should you have any issues with the truck or what the customer is asking of you! You would be employed and paid by our client and have full access to their facilities and in-house workshop for rectifying any defects.
Outline of the work
- Start times for the week would be issued the week prior, outlining where you need to be and at what time
- You’d drive into one of their Essex depos Monday morning dependant on where you were based. Park your car securely and begin your weeks work, calling the customer on arrival to your first drop/ collection (all numbers and other relevant info will be issued to you on employment)
- Your jobs will continue to be allocated to you throughout the week, communication with the customer is essential – any delays, issues or relevant info needs to be passed on
- You will either be working the ports on containers or delivering/ collecting unaccompanied curtain siders whilst sleeping out in the week
- Pay is weekly
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays per year
- A pension plan is optional with your employment
- All drivers must fill up their ad-blue and diesel at our depos at the end of the week
This role involves travelling all over the UK, keeping on top of customers’ requirements, communicating clearly and in appropriate time, managing your driver’s hours and complying with the laws set out by the DVSA are all essential parts of the job.
They look after their trucks, and they expect you to do the same. Safe and fuel-efficient driving is rewarded as is care of your truck, either with monetary bonuses or in the form of a newer truck when the fleet is updated!
Lastly, they are a family run company and proud of this, they have a more personal feel to their business and look after their staff.
Apply for Class 1 HGV Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly