Maintenance Engineer The Company:
- Licensed recyclers of electrical and electric equipment.
- Based in Briton Ferry, Neath.
- As a Mechanical Engineering craftsperson, the role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities from routine, planned and unplanned plant maintenance to the support and installation of new capital process equipment.
- To ensure the maximum plant availability through planned maintenance with minimal breakdown repair.
- The job holder will also be required to carry out any other reasonable duties assigned by management which are to the benefit of the company.
- Installation, maintenance, repair and upgrading of a wide variety of mechanical equipment utilised for materials processing.
- Implement & develop planned maintenance systems.
- Develop & comply with safe methods of working.
- Engage in LEAN process culture and contribute towards proposals for process improvement & continued business success.
- Primarily day shift, but should be prepared to works shifts and overtime as required, on a temporary or permanent basis, when the department workload dictates.
- A time served mechanical fitter with a minimum relevant ONC qualification or equivalent.
- A flexible, “can-do”, dynamic person, with good problem solving skills who can perform and deliver results in a highly demanding environment.
- Able to understand and work from mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in machining, welding and fabrication work.
- A relevant Safety Qualification would be an advantage
- Experience of the maintenance of crushers, conveyors, pumps, separation equipment and hydraulics is essential. The position would ideally suit someone who has worked extensively in coal washing or quarrying.