Senior Data Scientists
Job title: Senior Data Scientists
Work Pattern: Monday-Friday
Employer: The Boston Consulting Group
Date advert posted: 21 June 2018
Closing date: 19 July 2018
We’re looking for passionate and talented Senior Data Scientists to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and apply data science methods and analytics to real world business situations across a variety of industries. As the field of advanced analytics is rapidly evolving, SDS’ are responsible for staying current on leading-edge business applications, tools and approaches, proactively working with the Analytics Leadership to enhance offerings that deliver competitive advantage to BCG.
Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, scrappy, and communicative. You will also get the chance to travel: we have clients in New York, Paris, Stockholm, Peru… Make sure your passport is ready to go!
WHO YOU ARE. YOU:
- Have deep technical and Data Science expertise: The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience with applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations, such that they can efficiently and effectively advise multiple teams on the best path to uncovering critical insights for clients.
- Are an autonomous self-starter with a passion for analytics and problem solving. You will help build new Analytics service offerings that grow our portfolio of products and will captures proprietary content, and support the creation of proposal/selling documents.
- Are comfortable managing engagements, client relationships, and acting as a “thought leader.” Strong presence, strong collaborator and leadership skills and ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization are a must.
- Love building things and are comfortable working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively.
- Have significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesize complex data; as well as a deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and are able to translate this into business implications for our clients.
- Have strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (in a data centric field) with significant relevant experience providing advanced analytics solutions.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python or R).
- Fluency in English language.
- Demonstrated deep technical and data science expertise (e.g. machine learning, predictive modelling).
- Acute strategic and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and persuade.
- Drive and energy.
- Desire to work in a project based environment on strategic issues.
- Strong record of professional accomplishment and leadership.
- Experience in analytics software, e.g. Alteryx or DataRobot is a plus.
- Expertise in MI, SQL, MDX, data visualisation or Tableau.
- Fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment.
- Position is located in London.
- Expect up to 60-80% of time spent traveling.
How to apply
Interested applicants may apply by uploading a covering letter and CV directly to the website.
Date posted: 21 June 2018 Closing date: 19 July 2018