Shift Electrician (Electrical, Maintenance, Engineer) BLUS66339
4 days left
- Full Time
Shape their common future: Our client develops, produces and distributes tailor-made solutions for the transformer and medical industries. Their business area Electrical Technology is a leading global manufacturer in the field of high voltage insulation materials, components and systems. In their Medical Technology division, they develop and produce sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications. They are based in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, operates worldwide at more than 30 sites and employs a staff of approx. 3,200.
They are looking to recruit a Shift Electrician to join their team based in Pool in Wharfedale, Leeds.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, your Main Responsibilities will be;
• Take daily meter readings for the site.
• Follow a weekly maintenance plan unless reactive maintenance is required.
• To follow up all shift reports, and other inspection reports detailing corrective actions that were made.
• Identifying failure modes of electrical equipment and making recommendations to prevent further failures.
• To work under the rules of the Electrical and Mechanical safety systems.
• Motor brush replacement and set up.
• Replace, dismantle and repair AC and DC motors, including cleaning, changing brushes, replacing bearings and couplings, and testing.
• Install, repair and test lighting systems.
• Investigate and rectify faults in portable hand equipment.
• The diagnosis, location and rectification of faults such as short circuiting, overheating, maladjustment or failure of devices.
• Installing, repairing servicing and testing of medium voltage and low voltage power systems
• Servicing and repair of equipment used on cranes and lifts e.g. safety devices, control and protective devices.
• Fault finding on hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Repair of compressors, gas booster systems and boilerhouse equipment.
• Recognised Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering Apprenticeship; Computer literate with practical experience of CMMS systems.
• Candidates should possess a formal technical qualification in Electrical Engineering and be familiar with the 17th Edition IEE Regulations.
• A minimum of 5 years industrial experience working in either an electrical or instrumentation role.
• Ability to fault find and think on their feet.
• Knowledge of preventative maintenance techniques.
• Basic mechanical knowledge preferable.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Shift Electrician (Electrical, Maintenance, Engineer) BLUS66339
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly