Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will work as part of a team responsible for process improvements, machine reliability, waste control, and quality of the finished product.
- Tasks will involve supporting continuous improvements, new product development, installation and commissioning of new machinery, and various new products or machine related projects
- Support engineering with design, re-design and development of process equipment
- Work with various cross functional teams to continuously improve and maintain operational processes
- Work closely with engineering and production to ensure that equipment reliability and repeatability is maintained at the optimum level
- To work with component and machine suppliers to eradicate process problems identified by production and maintenance
- Provide training and support to operators and team leaders in the operation of new equipment or processes
The ideal candidate will have:
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
- Tactful, diplomatic and open-minded manner, coupled with assertiveness and the ability to influence at management level
- Logical approach to work
- Must be fully proficient in the use of software Microsoft office.
- Experience of 2D and / or 3D CAD would be beneficial
- A proven track record of implementing improvements in processes and operational effectiveness, whilst keeping focus on product quality and health & safety.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.