About the Role
A Specialist Media and Marketing Agency within the Healthcare Sector are seeking an Events Coordinator to start on 21st August. The successful Events Coordinator will work at Cogora’s London Wall office in the City.
As an Events Coordinator you will join a very busy team and will be responsible for coordinating logistics and assisting the Events Managers for projects within the UK and Europe.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Events Coordinator to work at an exciting Med Comms agency on many types of events. The candidate will have the opportunity to work for different divisions within the Cogora family: Cogora the Agency (in-house healthcare communications team), PCM Scientific (the CME division) and Pharmacom Media (the promotional communication agency).
Reporting to the Senior Events manager, the role’s core responsibilities will include:
* To support and assist in the design and delivery of Cogora’s divisions events
* Assist with sourcing venues
* Assist with supplier research and negotiations
* Liaison with venue and supplier for room set up, catering, audio visual, etc.
* Preparing all onsite materials including printed signage, name badges, forms etc.
* Co-ordinating the event on the day(s) and troubleshooting as required
* Liaison with speakers/sponsors/exhibitors/client
* Run the event onsite and be the main point of contact for suppliers, exhibitors, clients
* Booking travel and coordinating transfers for speakers, attendees and staff
* Keep up to date with project admin and finance
* Ensure all events comply to relevant pharmaceutical codes of practice
The successful Events Coordinator should possess the following skills and experience:
* At least 1-year experience working on conferences and events (a “nice have” would be experience in healthcare events)
* Ideally some knowledge of the ABPI code of practice and (a “nice have” would be to be aware of European regulation around Healthcare events)
* Excellent organisation skills, meticulous attention to detail
* Good interpersonal skills – confidence to present observations/advice to (senior) colleagues and clients
* Confident on the phone and not afraid to call stakeholders and suppliers to gather quick answers to questions
* “Can do” attitude to take ownership of plans
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* High aptitude for spelling and grammar with accuracy in data entry and proof-reading
* Ability to work under pressure and handle a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously
* Ability to work within a budget and negotiate where needed
* Able to build and maintain relationships with suppliers
* Team player but also able to work independently and take ownership of a small project from start to finish
* High level of computer literacy, in particular with Microsoft Office
* Flexibility to travel to events within the UK and Europe with some overnight stays required
"Cogora is an integrated media and marketing services company that sits at the heart of a community of 220,000 highly-engaged healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced inspirational and incisive content via our magazines, events and online. These in turn provide the data and insight that gives us a deep understanding of what our audiences want.
Our events range from small, bespoke events for individual clients to large conferences and exhibitions with up to 1000 attendees."
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position Cogora would love to hear from you. Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and they will be in direct contact.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.