I am recruiting for an experienced Transport Operative based on the Birmingham Business Park who has extensive experience with European road freight forwarding logistics. My client is offering a salary of up to £25000.
My client is internationally based and deal with time critical road and air logistics, primarily within the automotive industry. They are a company who are contactable and trade 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Dealing with time critical requests for transportation of automotive parts mainly throughout Europe and primarily via road. You will receive emails from customers and have a 15 minute SLA to respond with a quote for the transportation; once the job has been confirmed you will then load the job on the internal system and arrange the booking of the transportation depending on the size of the load.
- Produce quotations to clients who have a time critical requirement for the delivery of goods taking into account loadability options and costs.
- Organising transport and logistics primarily by road and sometimes via air throughout Europe in an efficient and effective manner.
- Meeting client requirements within budgetary and operational restrictions to ensure a suitable profit for the company is made as well as successfully servicing the client.
- Building strong, productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Other key responsibilities will include client liaison, administration and monitoring of the arranged transportation.
- European road freight forwarding Logistics knowledge and experience
- Strong geographical knowledge of Europe
- Previous experience working as a transport operative, providing quotations and arranging the transport of cargo
- Good understanding of loadability options (i. what mode of transport is most cost effective for weight/size of cargo being transported)
- Must be organised to be able to manage a large and very diverse workload with excellent time management skills
- Self- motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team with minimum supervision
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
- Be responsible and accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Ability to speak Polish, Czech or Romanian would be beneficial but not essential
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
***Please note there will be 1 in 4/5 weekends (close of business Friday - Monday AM) where you will be on call with a phone at home for customer service queries***
Salary and Benefits
- Salary - £21000-£25000 dependant on experience
- 20 days holiday per annum plus declared public holidays
- Car parking
- Eyecare voucher
Does this sound like your ideal job?
If you are and interested in this position I AM KEEN TO HEAR FROM YOU please send your cv and call Adam or Melissa on 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***