Graduate - Planning and Development THTG66312
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester. We are a “profit-for-purpose” organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice. THT have created a joint venture with London and Quadrant with a remit to deliver 2,000 high-quality, mixed-tenure homes across Trafford and the wider North-West through the Laurus Homes brand.
The development team at THT are looking for a graduate to strengthen the team, which comprises planning, development and commercial experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager New Business, the main duties for this role are as follows:
- Researching local sales values and rents to feed into financial development appraisals
- Identifying local housing need, demand and supply through research and soft-market testing
- Liaising with other parts of the business to refine development aspirations
- Conducting on-site assessments to evaluate site potential and due-diligence
- Assisting in the due diligence process to evaluate new sites
- Research local planning policy and economic drivers
- Engaging with communities during community consultation
- Assisting in the strategic acquisition of land and assets
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing graduate support to the wider team through project management, audit and compliance.
The candidate will ideally have a related vocational degree, for example Planning, Development, or Construction. Alternatively a subject based degree in Geography or Economics would be preferred for this role. We are looking for someone with a strong interest and passion for planning and development and understands placemaking, neighbourhood planning and policy; has strong analytical skills and an interest in the financial and legal aspects of development. The position would suit someone who is aspiring to become a planning and development professional.
They must be highly proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel. A driving licence and access to a car would be preferred.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme, annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service.
Closing date for applications: 18th July 2018
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.