Product Designer / Product Innovator / AutoCAD
Job Title: Product Designer
Location: St Columb Major, Cornwall, TR9 6SX
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Close date: Tuesday 3rd July 2018
The Company is a global toy company that prides itself on creating innovative children's consumer products that both kids and parents love. They are driven by their consumers and fuse insight, innovation and fun, ensuring they stay current for kids of today and toys of tomorrow. From the Company's head office in Cornwall, their expert teams design, develop, sell and market award-winning products, while their China and Hong Kong offices ensure products are manufactured and tested to the highest standards.
People are their greatest asset - they strive to create a culture where employees not only feel valued and empowered, but continue to enhance and grow their careers. The team is insightful, experienced and creative, with a playful sense of adventure that makes Worlds Apart a unique company to work for.
Right now there's an exciting opportunity to join their enthusiastic, lively and dedicated product design team based in Cornwall. They're keen to hear from Design graduates full of great ideas with around 2 year's industry background and an interesting and varied portfolio demonstrating proven concept-to-production experience.
Toy industry experience is not essential but passion, a proactive and creative approach with a genuine enthusiasm for the design is key. You'll be CAD and Adobe Illustrator proficient with the ability to work comfortably with the rest of creative suite and happy to sketch on paper. In addition to peerless creativity, you'll have the personality to fit in seamlessly with their lively and dedicated Product team.
The ideal candidate MUST HAVE:
- A design degree
- A desire to live in Cornwall
- A great portfolio brimming with passion and great design
- An enthusiasm and energy for Design
- Proven experience producing front end products for consumer brands
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in CAD (preferably solidworks)
- Quick and capable in Adobe illustrator
- Be comfortable working solo or in a team
- Experience designing across a broad range of materials
- A love of toys and be comfortable adopting a playful approach to their work
- Awareness of commerciality, ergonomics and other factors affecting the feasibility of a design
- Experience in Photoshop, rendering software (ideally Keyshot or Photoview 360) and office products.
- Ability to articulate and communicate ideas effectively
Would also be NICE TO HAVE:
- Direct toy industry experience
- Animation skills
- Electronics knowledge
- Character design experience
In return the Company provides a surprisingly dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent learning and development opportunities in a fun and supportive environment.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please note, to apply for this position all applicants must submit either a portfolio or recent examples of their work.
Please check your emails to find out where you should send your work to.
No agencies. Direct applicants only please.
Candidates with experience of: Design Assistant, Product Innovator, Design Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Solid Works Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Autodesk Innovator, 3D Studio MAX, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, CNC Programmer, CNC Operator, AutoCAD Drawings may also be considered for this role.