An exciting opportunity has come up in a large accountancy firm to be part of a fast paced team, working within the payroll department in a Payroll Administrator position.
This will be more of a semi-senior role, which will be part of a team of 8 and you will be allocated your own portfolio of clients, processing multiple payrolls.
You will be used to a busy office environment and have a hardworking approach. This will be a role which will see you:
- Processing payroll from start to finish
- Starters, leavers and Permanent data changes
- Process variable deadlines for variable data and managing clients throughout their pay cyle
- Report processing and sending to clients
- Liaising with clients and dealing with any salary queries
- Monthly pension returns
- Dealing with queries from the client and HMRC
- Processing and calculating statutory payments such as SMP,SSP etc.
- Manually calculating pro-rata payments such as holiday pay, hourly/daily rates of pay
- Keeping up to date with new legislation, supporting the team implement new procedures
- Ad hoc tasks
You will have proven experience of working in a payroll position, preferably in an accountancy firm/bureau, showing a stable career You will be very driven, have great time management and communication skills as you will be working with clients across a number of diverse sectors.
You must have GCSE`s with a minimum grade of C in Maths and English and you must be CIPP qualified or studying towards it to be considered for this role; also having an AAT qualification may be considered. You will also have excellent IT skills and be confident in your ability to pick up new systems and use ideally Star payroll.
This role offers a competitive salary of between £21000-£25000 dependent on experience and will allow you to grow as an individual with the company and take advantage of upcoming
If you like the sound of this role and you think you have what it takes to join this busy