FINTEC recruit is seeking a Network Engineer, this is a permanent role in IT/Telecoms based in Manchester. Salary is £40,000 to £45,000 plus pension and bens package. You will have a background in ISP or Telecoms industry and will be working on projects where documentation, testing and deployment make up the majority of daily activities.
Responsibilities for the Network Engineer position:
- Support Enterprise networks built to achieve required levels of security, availability and performance
- Acting as a role model and providing coaching to more junior engineers
- Developing and achieving product and operational strategies, acting as an ambassador for the Engineering team and the Network and Infrastructure department.
- Working with designers and other engineers to create build plans, test plans, transition plans and network documentation.
Skills and Experience:
- CCNP / JNCIP or equivalent level of knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting and network diagnostic skills
- Experience of large scale ISP network technologies at all layers: MPLS, IPv4/IPv6, ISIS, BGP, QOS, OSPF, NAT, VLAN, STP, VRRP/HSRP, Optical networking
- Experience of large scale ISP access services: Ethernet access, Broadband (BNG, L2TP, PPP), IP-VPN (L2 & L3), VoIP
- Experience in the planning and implementation of IP peering and transit arrangements
- Experience with one or more of the following hardware vendors: Huawei, Juniper, Ericsson
- Network and infrastructure security, including firewalls, IPS and IDS
- Network lookup and authentication services: DNS, RADIUS, TACACS, Active Directory
- Operational tools: RANCID, Nagios, Cacti
Desirable to have a knowledge of fibre, WDM systems, mobile data techologies, GEA, EFM and EAD services. Broadband delivery using BTW WBMC. Strong security engineering skills and Exposure to -48V DC Power systems
Full details of the Network Engineer requirements is available on application.
To apply please submit your current CV or visit our FINTEC recruit website