Sales Advisor – Consumer Flex
Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £19,580 (rising to £21,755 after nine months) + benefits inc. discounts on BT products + uncapped bonus (c. £4,000 on target bonus)
Dynamic and agile, this is a contact centre role with a difference. Join us in both making and taking calls from our customers and you’ll find no two days are the same.
Unbeatable Contact Centre jobs
Superfast fibre broadband. BT mobile. TV and HD sports. Here at BT, we entertain, educate and empower people every single day. And we’re always innovating new ways to transform lives. This role is set to ensure we keep delivering the best service possible for our customers. So we’re looking for dedicated people who thrive on change to generate sales and deal with both technical and account enquiries in a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable way.
Be confident. Be connected.
BT Flex is a BT contact centre that handles thousands of calls every day. The aim of this team is to switch flexibly between different parts of the business to take outbound and inbound calls. So there’ll be times when you’re calling our customers to recommend a great new product or service, and there’ll be times when you find yourself resolving technical issues and answering account queries.
Dedicated and customer-focused, with a target-driven, can-do attitude, it goes without saying that you’ll need to be able to adapt to different situations and types of work quickly. We’re committed to selling through service so you’ll have the kind of bright, engaging personality that will make our customers’ day.
Join us and we’ll look to you to:
- Flexibly move between a variety of inbound and outbound calls
- Maximise sales opportunities and generate revenue through outbound sales, retention and upselling to our existing customers
- Take ownership of issues including technical support, billing, provision and service
- Always be enthusiastic and build happy relationships with our customers
- Showcase our products and services and demonstrate brilliant product knowledge
- Work well as part of a close-knit team to meet team and individual targets
- Ensure every customer feels valued and satisfied with their BT package
- Answer queries and resolve issues professionally and sympathetically
- Deal with a high volume of complex customer contacts
- Keep yourself informed and up to date with our products and services.
Be supportive. Be personal.
Unbeatable customer experiences are at the heart of our vision – we’re completely focused on serving the needs of our customers and maximising the value that we offer to them. And we need people who are dedicated to helping us achieve this. People who have:
- A professional, persuasive telephone manner
- A genuine passion for sales and customer service
- A drive to hit specific campaign targets
- Comfortable with taking different types of calls and frequent change
- Strong product knowledge
- A natural flair for conversation with equally impressive listening skills
- Capable troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- An openness to feedback and confidence working with others.
Be part of something special
Join us and not only will you have the rewarding challenge of helping our customers each and every day, you’ll also enjoy a permanent position at a well-established company and can look forward to the following perks:
- A generous starting salary of £19,580 (rising to £21,755 after nine months) + uncapped bonus (c. £4,000 on target bonus)
- 22 days’ paid annual leave
- A contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Free BT Broadband and discounts on BT products such as BT Mobile.
You’ll also receive top notch training and support throughout your time at BT. There are plenty of opportunities to progress and develop a long and rewarding career with us, and we’re committed to helping you achieve this.
Generally, our centres are open between 8am and 10pm, 365 days a year including bank holidays. Shifts could be any time during these hours. Whilst we'll give you notice of your shifts in advance you'll need to be available during these hours. Over a 10 week period, people usually work the following shifts – six Saturdays, two Sundays and 25 evening shifts.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community