Electrical Controls Engineer
Peak Contracts Ltd designs, supplies and services a wide variety of machines and equipment into various industry sectors.
We are looking to recruit a Controls Engineer to undertake the Electrical design, Software both PLC & HMI programming, testing and commissioning of all controls systems.
Past experience in the automotive industry would be advantageous. This role will suit a talented Engineer with a wide technical skill-set, including EPLAN electrical design, Schneider Electric and Siemens S7 PLC’s, Wonderware Intouch SCADA.
Robot programming of ABB / Fanuc Robots would be advantageous.
As Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for creation of functional design specifications, control system designs including panel layouts through to PLC/HMI software design on to installation and commissioning.
You will also be required to provide support to other team members within the company and must be able to liaise with both customers and external suppliers.
This position requires excellent technical and interpersonal skills, flexibility and the ability to communicate effectively. A flexible, 'can do' approach is also important in this team focused culture.
You will have a problem-solving mind set and be self-motivated with the desire to learn new skills. You will also be comfortable working within a small team, or alone, if required and have a full UK driving licence.
This is a superb opportunity to join an established, forward-thinking, technology company, meaning the successful candidate will have the opportunity to play an integral role in the development of new products and systems.
There may be a requirement for occasional trips overseas.
- Experience of EPLAN electrical design package
- Experience of PLC code for Schneider PLCs / HMI ideally using the SoMachine Package
- Implementation of communications protocols (Profibus/Devicenet/TCP/IP/CanOpen, serial communication, OPC etc.)
- Good analytical and development skills
- Strong time management skills
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to customer requests.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Good working knowledge of PC’s and Windows Operating Systems
- Work as an individual and as part of multi-disciplinary team
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creating & working from design specifications
- Crating Electrical designs from scratch
- Planning of software development timescales
- Design and implementation of PLC/HMI code.
- Development and improvement of new & existing Control Systems
- Testing & debugging control systems
- Supporting external customers & systems
Qualifications and Skills
You are likely to be minimum ONC qualified in Electrical Engineering.