Supply Chain Advisor
Supply Chain Advisor - Portsmouth - 12 months - GBP13.67 per hour PAYE
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Advisor on a 12 month contract based in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering supply chain activities within our clients Operations Delivery Team. The role includes the supporting of bids and the execution of the supply chain strategy and plans, as well as the engagement of internal/external suppliers & customers to ensure the smooth completion of the project's objectives.
As a Supply Chain Advisor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Using an ERP tool (IFS), source, negotiate and manage the procurement and or costing of material in support of repair projects.
- Support and/or prepare outputs and deliverables and select suppliers in association with the departmental procedures and systems.
- Support and/or negotiate all commercial, financial, quality and schedule elements for projects and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures.
- Proactively support and deliver effective supplier management and delivery in line with the project's integrated schedule.
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned projects, suppliers and customers (internal/external).
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working with a Supply Chain or Procurement delivery focussed role.
- Strong IT skills, particularly relating to Microsoft Excel.
- Good level of numeracy and analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Stakeholder and Supplier Management experience
- Able to self-manage, use initiative and work well with others
Please apply without delay as there is a deadline with this role. Ref: 814723
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlistedAdvantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.