Senior Pricing Modeller
You will be part of a growing and exciting Predictive Analytics Team with UKGI Underwriting, which is responsible for delivering predictive modelling, statistical services and solutions across the business.
Your job will comprise claim cost modelling, geographical modelling, demand modelling, as well as providing R&D services to test and implement new data sources and statistical techniques that can drive and improve our performance.
You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on business success and by using predictive modelling, bring the right solutions to the whole organisation.
- Support the analytical development of UKGI Underwriting teams through data gathering, analysis and modelling under the direction of the Head of Analytics.
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of statistical techniques and procedures, including trend analysis, profiling and predictive modelling, to be able to provide first class service to external and internal customers.
- Provide regular insight and analysis, using multiple data sources.
- Work closely with the VIDA team to steer the development of the analytical capability
- Support project teams.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experienced Statistician/ Actuarial analyst with a strong background in predictive analytics
- Strong degree or MSc/PhD in a numerical subject (Maths, Statistics, Science)
- Proven experience applying a statistical model and predictive analytical techniques
- Previous experience in insurance is desirable
- Exceptional numerical ability and data manipulation
- Naturally inquisitive with the ability to challenge data
- Previous experience of the insurance/financial industry is highly desirable
- Understand customer needs and knowledge of insurance business products and services
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to engage non-technical audiences
- Experience of deploying different model types
- Knowledge of Emblem and at least one of the following statistics and data manipulation packages (SAS, R, Python)
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Professional manner
- Curious and innovative with data
- Keen on trying and testing new techniques /ways of doing things
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Able to cope with change
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Analytical/numerical skills
- PC Skills
- Team Worker
- Able to train/coach junior members of the team
- Ability to manage diverse work portfolio.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don't you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You'd give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today's interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You'll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You'll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It's a big challenge, but you'll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you'll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address
the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.