Inspector - Oil, Gas & Chemical
Inspector, 18k to GBP26k, Ellesmere Port
GBP18,000 - GBP26,000 (Up to 10% annual bonus)
Health Cover After 1 year,
Company Car (Car allowance not available)
Our client have an exciting opportunity to join their team in Ellesmere Port as an Inspector.
The role is working within the Oil, Gas and Chemical sector, and our client delivers innovative turn key solutions at every stage in the supply chain, from exploration and production, to refining, transportation and delivery of certified, quantified and assured product to end users.
Their activities encompass analytical and compliance testing, instrument calibration and measurement, specialist manpower provision, dangerous goods management, preventative maintenance programmes, custody transfer and retail fuel services.
OGC is a significant business in the UK. It covers a range of services provided to both upstream and downstream Oil, Gas and Chemical Companies located across the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering cargo supervision services to meet client specifications and provide assistance in managing inspection activities in a professional and efficient manner.
• To carry out quantity supervision and establish accurate quantities of loading or discharge of marine vessels. This will be carried out as per clients requirements and International standards, either on, or off shore.
• To obtain representative samples and carry out quality supervision of loading & discharge of marine vessels.
• To provide complete and accurate written or computerised reports, as directed by the Operations Supervisor, on above activities for checking/verification by Operations Supervisors.
• To carry out all operations in strict accordance with applicable procedures for operations and safety.
• To assist Operations Supervisors in identifying and correcting any non-conformances with regard to quality, operational or safety matters.
• To ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with company QA & HSE manuals, following up audits and CAPRs/NIRsby completing actions on time.
• To provide help as and when required in the day to day operations as per Operations Supervisors instructions.
• Work closely with the Laboratory team to ensure an effective Quality and Quantity service is provided to the customer.
Skills & Knowledge
• Ability to carry out physically demanding work, the majority of which is outdoors on a 24/7 rota.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision whilst still delivering services to the timescale and standards expected.
• Ability to work to tight and often conflicting deadlines to meet client requirements.
• Competent in using the Word and Excel software.
• Experience of working in an industrial environment.
• Experience of dealing directly with clients, presenting them with data/reports and answering queries.
• Experience of Oil and Chemicals industry, particularly oil / chemical products, storage and handling facilities.
• Experience of working as an inspector in the OGC sector.
• Working on or with shipping -e.g. Officer
• GCSE: Maths & English (grades A to C) or equivalent.
• Valid driving licence.
Immediate interviews are available for the right candidates. Please get in touch ASAP for consideration.
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.