Paralegal (Assistant Editor)
The legal arm of our client delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business.
They are searching for their next Paralegal - Assistant Editor to help their teams publish the best legal support material globally
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. They help their customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through their innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, they provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best.
The position will be based in Mytholmroyd (Yorkshire) which is within an hour's commute of Leeds, Manchester, Huddersfield, Blackburn and Burnley.
This will be a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate looking to start a career within Legal editorial however we will consider candidates from different backgrounds who are able to demonstrate the necessary aptitude for the role.
Role: Paralegal - Assistant Editor
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
This role is to provide legal interpretation in the form of research, analysis, and content creation to support the development and maintenance of Thomson Reuters information in all media, and ensure that published information contains and delivers premium content.
- Reviews and analyses legal information
- Creates metadata and consolidated legislation content
- Identifies key legal issues in editorial materials and maintains key legal content
- Adheres to editorial publishing schedules, Service Level Agreements and quality standards
- Verifies own work for accuracy, completeness, and quality and ensures that the information is properly presented and organized
- Maintains and develops legal knowledge and skills training as required to complete work and stay current on legal trends and developments related to the employee's editorial responsibilities
- Supports the delivery of product enhancement projects for various Legal Products
- Provides administrative assistance including maintenance of spreadsheets and workflows, documentation and the delivery of relevant project objectives
- Work to be done according to established quality and productivity standards
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (essential)
- Legal qualification (desirable)
- Understanding of the UK legislative process (desirable)
- Experience of MS Office suite (essential)
- Experience of html/XML/SGML (desirable)
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Works effectively within a team
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyses possible solutions using standard procedures and implements as directed
- Prioritises own work
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Has good organisational skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Adapts well to new challenges and change
- Proactive in identifying areas for improvement/enhancement and suggestion alternative options
- Decisions impact own work deliverables and are largely guided by guidelines, policies, and production
- Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Undergraduate Law Degree; or
- Undergraduate Degree in a subject other than Law and Graduate Diploma in Law.