Senior Warehouse & Distribution / Logistics Operative
Job Title: Senior Warehouse & Distribution / Logistics Operative
Location: Milton Park / Eynsham (Oxfordshire) - traveling between these two sites required
Salary: £22,000 - £23,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is currently recruiting for a Senior Operative to join their friendly team working at both their warehouse in Milton Park and their customer site at Eynsham in Oxfordshire, so a driving licence is essential.
This is an interesting and varied role that involves hands-on logistics work covering a range of duties in a factory / warehouse environment and being able to step up to deputise in the absence of the supervisor at either site. Core hours are 40 per week with a working pattern covering weekdays and occasional weekends.
The Company's logistic operation supports medical magnet production and is very much focused on quality and professionalism. You will ideally be an experienced warehouse & distribution operative with counterbalance and reach truck licenses. Experience of using an indoor crane and checking and booking goods in manually or using hand-held scanners would be an advantage.
A professional attitude is essential together with good written and verbal communication skills and a keen eye for detail. They are proud of their reputation for providing high quality comprehensive and customised logistics solutions at all stages of the supply chain. They would like to hear from you if you take pride in your work and are able to meet the same high standards.
- Safe loading and unloading of vehicles
- Checking delivered items against paperwork to ensure correct goods have been delivered
- Booking in items ensuring KPI's are met
- Locating items safely in the warehouse / factory in the given location
- Picking items in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring accuracy
- Packing items to ensure safe arrival of goods in line with KPI timescales
- Set a high standard of work and presentation and lead by example to improve the standards and expectations of colleagues
- Individual and team development including cross training as necessary
The successful candidate will:
- Have forklift license; both counterbalance and reach truck
- Have experience of high tech warehousing in support of a production facility
- Demonstrate good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Have keen eye for detail
- Have awareness of health & safety principles
- 20 days paid holiday to start, rising by one day each year to a maximum of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Performance bonus scheme after qualifying period.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Materials Handler, Forklift Driver, Warehouse Coordinator, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Operative, Goods Inwards Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse, Process Operative, Goods Outwards Operative, Dispatch Operative, Supply Chain Operative, Warehouse Worker, Labourer will also be considered for this role.