Packing Team Leader / Warehouse Assistant / Packer
Job Title: Packing Team Leader
Hours: 14:00 hours - 22:00 hours, Monday - Friday
Salary: £10 per hour
The company prides themselves on being the leading manufacturer and supplier of tabletop products to the hospitality industry through inspirational design, excellent quality and outstanding service.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Packing Team Leader to work within their fast-paced Distribution Centre.
To provide team leadership within the Packing operation to ensure high performing operational delivery. The Packing Team Leader will ensure cost effective solutions are implemented and KPI's are met in line with customer requirements.
We are looking for
The ideal candidate will possess a skill set consisting of commitment, drive and enthusiasm as well as being extremely business focused. They are also looking for an individual with:
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths, English and ICT - Grades 4 - 9
- NVQ Level 2 in Maths, English, ICT and BIT (or equivalent)
- 5 years minimum experience within a fast paced pressured warehouse environment
- Good PC Skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous use of Microsoft Dynamics AX highly desirable.
- Current holder of a FLT License is desirable.
- Have a pro-active approach to your job role.
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks at the same time and keep others informed.
- Thrives on leading and developing a team and motivating
Key Responsibilities (to include but are not exhaustive):
- Ensure delivery on customer satisfaction and service excellence through efficient operations.
- Motivate team to consistently perform and meet and exceed set targets on a daily basis.
- Ensure that each function within the Packing department including; receipt and booking in of ware, un-mixing of ware, traying, carton marking, supply of and packing of ware both manually and on all machines, are operating effectively and resource is allocated accordingly.
- Ensure productivity is maximised by driving efficiencies and utilisation at all times.
- Ensure Packing Operatives are motivated to maximise productivity by driving efficiencies and optimisation on the floor at all times.
- Investigate ware discrepancies, ensure that packing specifications are correct and provide feedback on reported damages at customer, to the Packing Manager.
- Implement Packing process improvement initiatives as directed by management.
- Ensure the Focus of the Packing Operatives are based on the customer's needs and service delivery.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Security compliance at all times within the site.
- Complete a Shift Log at the end of the day shift to discuss during the shift handover.
- Ensure all training needs are satisfied to each Operative and ensure Operatives are coached on how to improve performance.
- Lead the team ensuring all Policies and Procedures are adhered to and meet ISO guidelines.
- Ensure palletisation of ware helps to maximise Warehouse efficiency.
What's on offer?
In return, the successful candidate/s can expect to earn a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Competitive Basic rate of pay - £10 per hour + shift allowance.
- Benefits including: Paycare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work Scheme, Pension Scheme, Bonus Scheme.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, quality driven company with the opportunity to grow within an organisation committed to both business and people development.
To apply, please click the APPLY button and attach your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Packer, Packing leader, Packaging , Team Leader, Materials Handler, Forklift Driver, Warehouse Coordinator, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Operative, Goods Inwards Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse, Process Operative, Goods Outwards Operative, Dispatch Operative, Supply Chain Operative, Warehouse Worker, Labourer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Packing Team Leader / Warehouse Assistant / Packer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly