Evening Salon Receptionist
We have an opportunity for an Evening Salon Receptionist to join the team based at our Chichester campus. Working on a part time basis as maternity cover you will be required to work 9 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year (paid for 43 weeks). In return you will receive a competitive salary pro rata of £16,880 per annum (i.e. £3,386.25). Working hours will normally be two evenings a week (4.5 hours each).
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
Our Evening Salon Receptionist will work as part of the Hair and Beauty team to support students and staff in dealing with members of the public and prepare resources and client records for teaching sessions.
Our Evening Salon Receptionist duties and key responsibilities:
- Manage the resources of the reception and dispensary area and ensure Health and Safety is maintained
- Support staff and students with members of the public in the workshop environment
- Ensure resources and client records are available to support student learning
- Ensure information given to the public, bookings and cash handling is accurate
- Prepare products, resources and client record cards as required prior to teaching sessions
- Provide technical support to students and assist in the assessment process on reception
- Give demonstrations in the use of booking systems and till operations
- Work under the direction of tutors supplying specific support to individual or groups of students
- Make future appointments, cash up and securely place all monies in the safe
- Clean and clear away products at the end of workshop sessions
- Assist with dispensary and reception duties
- Keep reception, dispensary and ancillary areas clean and in a fit and safe condition for use
- Monitor stock levels and recommend replacement of stock as and when required
- Organise safe systems for storage of money and retail products
Skills & Experience required of our Evening Salon Receptionist:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade C or above
- Health & Safety training
- Previous experience in a salon environment
- Cash handling and client booking systems
- Proven retail sales record
- Ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Use of standard IT packages including Microsoft Office
It would also be desirable for our Evening Salon Receptionist to have:
- Previous experience working with and supporting students in a workshop environment
- Knowledge of techniques and processes in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
- Knowledge of techniques and processes in Complimentary Therapy
- Level 2 qualification in Beauty or Hairdressing
- Health & Safety qualification
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Local Government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
This role is for a fixed term period of maternity cover up to a maximum of one year, or the return, resignation or replacement of the current post holder, whichever is sooner.
Closing date: Thursday 28th June 2018
Interview date: Monday 16th July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Evening Salon Receptionist then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.