We have an opportunity for an Aerobics Instructor (Group Fitness Class Instructor) to join the team based at our Chichester campus. Working variable hours on a part time basis as maternity cover you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £19.88 - £21.72 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
Our Aerobics Instructor will work as part of the Sports Centre team to cover a number of group fitness classes, these include:
- Dance Fitness/Zumba - Mondays 5.15-6pm
- Body Conditioning - Wednesday 5.30-6.15pm
- Indoor Cycling - Thursday 5.30-6.15pm
- Core & Stretch (Or alternative) - Thursday 6.30-7.15pm
- Yoga – New Class – Thursday Evening
Our Aerobics Instructor duties and key responsibilities:
- To coach/instruct groups of adults/students in a group fitness class as per their qualification.
- To be aware of customers’ specific health conditions and adjust their involvement in the class as required.
- To set the room & equipment up/down as required for the class.
- To keep a record of those attending the class and cross reference this with the Sports Centre reception.
- To ensure that all paperwork is completed to make this a smooth running operation.
- To inspect all equipment prior to classes to ensure it is safe to use.
- To ensure all customer enquires/complaints are dealt with promptly and professionally.
Skills & Experience required of our Aerobics Instructor:
- Experience in Circuits/Indoor Cycling/Zumba/Pilates/Yoga
- Experience instructing classes
- Experience working with a variety of participants
- Up to date knowledge of classes within the industry
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Administration skills and work scheduling
- Ability to motivate participants
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Local Government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
This contract is for a fixed term period of maternity cover up to a maximum of one year, or the return, resignation or replacement of the current post holder, whichever is sooner. There may be the option to transfer onto a bank contract to provide cover after this contract ends.
Closing date: Thursday 28th June 2018
Interview date: w/c 9th July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Aerobics Instructor then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.