Part-Time School Receptionist / Administrative
Job Title: Part-Time School Receptionist (Late)
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £12,411 p (FTE £20,489)
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 29th June 2018 by noon
Interviews Date: Wednesday 4th July 2018
The School is a delightful independent standalone prep school of 430 boys and girls aged 2 ½ to 13 set in 260 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside. The tremendous grounds include a Forest School and a School Farm. The school has a proud record of feeding many of the top day and boarding schools in the South East, with a large proportion of leaving students achieving scholarships and awards.
They are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and professional Receptionist to be the face of their busy and thriving Prep School.
Main Purpose of role:
The School Receptionist will be part of a busy, flexible and friendly office team, consisting of Administration Assistant, School Secretary and Office Manager. General school work is regulated by the School Office Manager who delegates it to the team.
- Answering phones, taking and relaying messages by email/paper/verbal
- Signing in/out visitors to the School
- Opening post/distribution around the school and franking outgoing post
- Collating/photocopying mailshots as required
- Signing for/dispatching parcels
- Keeping reception area tidy and clean
- Maintaining and updating Sign-out sheets daily
- Assisting with calling parents to complete sign out procedure as required
- Keeping adequate stocks of leaflets etc in reception area
- Making up Dog/horse/car permits and maintaining issue lists as required
- Updating and renewing children's index cards on desk
- Supervising pupils in the reception area (awaiting collection/from surgery)
You will have experience of a full range of administrative skills and demonstrate a calm, patient approach and a professional manner at all times.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a customer focused environment, preferably in education and have excellent written, oral communication and ICT skills.
A flexible approach is essential as you will be expected to cover, where possible, for our morning receptionist in the event of planned and unplanned absences
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.
NOTE: You will only be considered for this role if the application form is completed.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Receptionist, Admin Support, Administrative Assistant, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Admin, School Administrator, Front of House, School Receptionist and Front of House Receptionist will also be considered for this role.