RF-Regulatory Engineer / Project Manager
About the Position
The company is looking to employ an experienced RF- Regulatory Engineer / Project Manager to fulfil an exciting and varied role in managing international Type Approval projects as part of the company’s technical team located in Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire.
The role is a unique dual-natured position combining both International compliance management and technical responsibilities.
If you are committed to providing great customer service, have excellent technical and project management skills, and are interested in pursuing a career at a market leading compliance consultancy, with excellent career progression possibilities, this is the right opportunity for you
- Driving and managing international Type Approval projects to ensure deadlines are met, and the company’s corporate performance metrics are adhered to.
- Providing technical solutions and expertise to customer and in-house technical challenges.
- Attending UK and European Compliance Fairs and events to promote the company’s services, secure new sales opportunities, and drive business development.
- Assisting with customer enquiries and providing day to day support for customers on a range of radio type approval and technical matters.
- Review technical product documents (such as test reports, circuit and PCB layout diagrams) to ensure they are suitable for Type Approval and product certification applications.
- Prepare and pre-test engineering samples before they are shipped to overseas test laboratories.
- Support formal testing at overseas type approval test laboratories, as needed.
- Manage and support international research projects on new technologies.
- Provide support, training, and leadership to type approval project managers and coordinators on compliance and technical matters.
- Procurement, review, and presentation of regulatory intelligence bulletins.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in the field of compliance management for radio / electrical products.
- Have proven project management experience in the electronics / radio communications sector.
- Have an excellent business aptitude with a clear understanding of compliance strategy.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree (or equivalent level)
- Excellent knowledge of global compliance requirements for electrical products / radio communications devices.
- Working knowledge of European Union (EU) and United States (FCC) Regulatory requirements, including EU Standards (ETSI) and Directives (RED, R&TTE, EMC and LVD)
- Be technically minded, and have previous experience with reviewing, analysing, and interpreting engineering documents and test reports.
- Have experience using RF measurement equipment (Spectrum analyser) and familiarity with conformity testing on modern radio data communications technologies (e.g BT, WLAN)
- Be driven, flexible, proactive and enthusiastic, with the ability to prioritise work and work under pressure.
- Have excellent command of English languages (both written and spoken)
- A second language would be advantageous
- Have excellent relationship building skills
- Be able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of computers and MS Office Professional suite
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Multi-task oriented
- Willing to travel internationally (<10% of the time)
- Long term career with stable market leader
- An excellent starting salary (32K+) negotiable, depending on experience.
- Good benefits package, including contributory company pension
- A small, dynamic, and friendly working environment
- A great opportunity to learn and further develop your career
- Full support and training
The company is a small, dynamic and highly successful technology services company, with an international client base. We are an industry leader in Type Approval of radio products and work with governments and test laboratories in over 150 countries.
Come join us as our open positions are due to consistent growth & expansion, which provides many opportunities for career advancement.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV and a cover letter today.