JOB DESCRIPTION – FULL-TIME SECRETARY
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with one hour unpaid break for lunch
Holiday entitlement : 20 working days plus public holidays per year – pro rata
- The role is to provide direct support to the private client department to enable optimum efficiency. This will include, but will not be limited, to the main responsibilities given below. A high degree of self management and initiative is expected. The role is as a team member and to work for all fee earners in the department.
- Preparation of correspondence and documents through digital dictation, word processing and copy typing with speed and accuracy.
- Maintaining fee earner's diaries including computerised diaries; making appointments, arranging meetings.
- Efficient use of case manager systems.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Undertaking general office duties, eg photocopying, emailing, faxing.
- Preparation of mail for dispatch.
- Taking and passing on messages to the appropriate person; taking the initiative to deal with administrative/process enquiries.
- Dealing with web enquiries.
- Maintaining case files in good order on a daily basis, which includes the opening, closing, archiving and retrieval of files in accordance with the firm's procedures.
- Dealing with clients calling into the office.
- Dealing with Land Registry applications and requisitions.
- Performing these tasks reliably and with attention to neatness and detail.
- Complying at all times with the firm's policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients' documentation and information.
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self development.
- Providing clients with both telephone and personal support in a professional and courteous manner.
Other Office duties
- To work as part of a team and be included in rotas for the provision of a reception service and other general office duties.
- To provide support to secretaries in other departments if required.
- To do all other things which are in the reasonable opinion of the firm, ancillary, necessary and conducive to the role and responsibilities outlined above.
Apply for Legal secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly