Lead Support Worker / Care Team Leader / Support Assistant
Job Title: Lead Support Worker
Location: Whitley Bay
Salary: £9 per hour or £18,657 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 27th June 2018
Do you love trying new things and being active? Do you thrive on seeing others do well? Are you passionate about the rights of people with a learning disability?
A support provider working with people with a learning disability in Newcastle, North Tyneside, and Northumberland, has an opportunity that you can't ignore!
The company enables people with learning disabilities to have greater choice and control over where and how they live, helping them to realise their individual hopes and dreams.
If you are an experienced support worker, qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent who wants to move in to a supervisory role then you should apply.
- Ensure that the support team are competent and focused, and are able to fulfil the needs of the people we support
- Assist the Support Manager to assess the people the company supports and agree their needs. Produce support plans as needed after the assessment is completed.
- Contribute to the induction of new staff, ensuring all standards are met.
- Contribute to the development of the team and individuals, carrying out regular supervision and identifying training needs. To be part of the recruitment process as required by the Support Manager
- Contribute at team meetings
- Provide on call support as part of a rota
- Act up in the absence of the Support Manager
- Take appropriate steps to protect and safeguard verbal, written and electronically stored information, within the job holder's control and ensure that such information is available to (only) authorised users on request.
- Work with a range of client groups and needs as required i. children, adults, and older people.
You will work alongside the Support Manager and lead support worker to design the support around individual children, young people and adults both in their homes and out in the community.
Your role will be to ensure that the support team are competent and focused, and are able to fulfil the needs of the people we support.
Are you cool, calm, and collected, a great team player, and a great communicator? Can you lead by example?
You must be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent. If you are creative, flexible and have great communication and organisational skills then we want to hear from you!
As well as supporting people to live great lives, and supporting a team to do their best work, you will receive; £9, paid sleep-ins excellent training, and career progression opportunities.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Autism Support will be considered for this role.