Reach plc is seeking to recruit a talented Content/News Editor to join our team in Surrey. Reporting to the Editor, you will help develop our coverage of major news and events, managing a team of reporters.
This is an exciting and demanding role which requires an editorial background.
Trinity Mirror, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than 6,000 people across 60 locations around the country.
- To organise and manage the publishing of compelling, engaging, accurate, legally-sound content
- To lead by example and write brilliant content
- To manage the team of reporters - commissioning, organising, briefing, mentoring and supervising them
- To manage the live daily content schedule in support of known audience spikes
- To ensure the website and social media channels have compelling, fresh and engaging content throughout the day in line with audience spikes and trends
- To package and edit content for our print publications
- To understand audience data and analytics and commission content responsively
- To encourage all writers to write in the agreed SEACAM storytelling formats
- To be a positive advocate of digital publishing best practice and newsroom strategy, ensuring content creators make best use of the digital tools available to them
The Ideal Candidate
You'll possess a NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification, or equivalent
Ability to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by the business, in terms of quality, consistency and legal compliance
Good awareness of the news agenda and collaborate to ensure varied sections of the site are covered with breaking and engaging stories
Lead our drive to maximise content for written video
Excellent analytical skills to prioritise and highlight the importance of video across the whole newsroom
Previous experience within a news desk setting, or within a Senior Reporter role
Be able to work on a seven-day rota, ensuring the best news coverage for the county
You can look forward to a salary of £26,000 pa, contributory pension scheme, plus many other benefits available to you as a Reach employee.
Reach plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.