Director / CEO
Mind Aberconwy’s mission is to support those from our local community who are directly or indirectly affected by mental health issues or emotional distress. We exist to promote, encourage and support mental & emotional health and wellbeing within our community and beyond.
We are seeking a dynamic person to be the Director of the organisation. Answerable to the Trustees, your role will be to provide the leadership, management and the development of this local charitable organisation in order to:
• Deliver and develop the Mind Aberconwy Vision & Mission.
• Lead, manage and engender the development of full and part-time employees and volunteers
• Provide leadership and support to our associates and other stakeholders in our local communities; in Mind Cymru and national Mind.
• Be responsible for the delivery of our local health & wellbeing operations, including the Living Well Centre at our multi-function centre in Llandudno.
• To also provide leadership, management and direction to our award winning social enterprise (Agor:Open) which includes The Rabbit Hole Café and a skills training kitchen.
• Be responsible for ensuring that the charity maintains appropriate quality standards through a systematic and measurable approach.
• To ensure that staff, volunteers and Associates are aware of relevant policies and procedures and that those polices are reviewed and up to date.
• Develop and maintain the charity’s good reputation and links with the wide network of mental health and wellbeing.
• Report to, and work at Board Level as required, including formal attendance at Board meetings.
The successful applicant will have excellent skills, experience and familiarity that cover:
• Helping people who experience personal and family mental health and wellbeing challenges.
• Leadership and management, including report writing, with excellent ‘people skills’.
• Administration and information technology.
• An applied understanding of local government and NHS commissioning and contracts as they apply to the third sector.
• Changing priorities, flexibly; especially during times when the work environment is pressured.
• The successful candidate will be able to evidence qualifications and ongoing continuous professional development appropriate to the role.
Please contact us via email for an application pack and further information on:-
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday, 12th July 2018