Shipping & Logistics Administration Assistant
The Shipping & Logistics administration assistant reports directly to the Operations Manager and is responsible as the first point of contact covering shipping administration processes for the Gatwick division of the company. Liaising with Shipping Agents and transport companies on air, road or/and sea shipments for export / import documentation, co-ordination with all internal departments for logistics and warehousing admin requirements.
The role could require the individual to travel and the Shipping & Logistics Administration Assistant must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtaining and maintain supporting documentation as required by HMRC and all other Customs regimes.
- Support for HMRC Monthly despatch and EC Sales List declarations. (Intrastat)
- Data entry into our software system (Quantum)
- Liaising with internal departments for shipping requirements and external customer base
- Inward Processing relief (IPR), Customs Warehouse (CW) and Cert. Of Airworthiness (CofA) customs regimes management.
- Checking Freight, Duty and VAT payments.
- Stock Audit's
- Assisting with despatching aircraft parts as and when required
- General office admin duties including Stationary / supplies control, responding to telephone queries
- Any other duties as directed by the Operations Manager as appropriate to level of experience
Education and/or Experience:
- Relevant industry experience in a shipping and logistics administration role
- Level 2/3 NVQ or equivalent academic qualifications in a suitable field or relevant discipline.
- Understanding and relevant knowledge of HMRC requirements, INCO terms, international and domestic freight industry and preferably aerospace specific logistics activities.
- Apprenticeship in Business Admin
- Quantum experienced user
- General aviation experience and knowledge
- HAZMAT and DG transportation
- CIPS qualification
- Ability to organise multiple priorities and manage workloads effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with all departments within the business.
- Critical attention to detail
- Maintains calm and focus under pressurised situations
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and actively encourage team member buy in.
- Actively inspire and encourage his/her team during all situations.
- Willingness to undertake any training necessary to support the role
- Awareness of 'bigger picture' effects of actions and decisions
Physically fit due to requirements of lifting, bending & standing for extended periods
While performing the duties in relation to this post, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend and use appropriate tooling required for the task including the use of IT equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
All training will be provided where required through a recognised training provider.