Project Engineer / Engineering Project Manager
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Salary: Up to £30,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West's leading & multi award winning Engineering companies, the Company is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Project Engineer to join our expanding Machining team based in Blackburn, Lancs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and motivated Project Engineer to join a rapidly growing and dynamic engineering firm.
This role will involve technical interpretation of detailed customer specification/drawing; you will provide the engineering job pack, which will allow the manufacturing operations team to complete the order to a detailed process.
This will include:
- Full technical contract review
- Process planning for machined items including sub-contract operations
- Identifying and organizing specific jigs or fixtures to be manufactured
- Writing SOPs
- Tooling requirements
- Material classification
- Engineering Programme with tooling lists and method sheets
- Engineering route card to effect efficient manufacture
- Liaising with the customer to resolve issues
- Liaising with the production control to ensure all items are scheduled for manufacture
- Project management of specific work packages
- Quoting machining work packages for external/internal stakeholders
- Pro-active involvement with the clients to understand their expectations and deliver against them
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A technical engineering background with proven understanding of CNC machine tools and engineering principles in a machining environment
- Significant experience of machine tool programming and the ability to interpret CAD models and formulate machining strategy from them is desirable
- Knowledge of engineering process - Grinding, heat treatment, fabrication and assembly would be beneficial
- Organised and focused on delivering excellence to the customer, you will assist in developing the machining staff
- Detailed understanding of engineering drawings, machine tooling selection, work holding, cutting strategy
- A good communicator at all levels, you will be able to detail priorities to your team and work with the engineering planning team to ensure company objectives are met
- Ideally time served apprenticeship in a relevant discipline - City & Guilds/OMC/HNC/Level 4 NVQ or equivalent
- Strong ICT/numeracy/communication/leadership/problem solving skills
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Project Engineer, Engineering Project Management, Production Engineer, Project Management, Operations Engineer, Production Projects Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Operations, Project Coordinator, Project Management, AutoCAD Engineer will also be considered for the role.