Marketing & Business Liaison Officer
Merthyr Tydfil Borough Credit Union Ltd
Reg No: 603C
139 High Street, Merthyr Tydfil CF47 8DN
Job Title: Marketing & Business Liaison Officer
Responsible to: Manager
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday (37 hours week). Evening and weekend work is required when needed (22 days’ holiday per year, plus statutory holidays), flexi hours
Based In: Merthyr Tydfil
Salary: £20,000 per annum, plus pension & mileage
Period of Fixed Term Contract – Ending 31st March 2020
Employment: (subject to a probationary period)
Primary Function: The role of the Marketing & Business Liaison Officer will be to identify and develop opportunities to expand membership base within our existing employer partners and to identify and build new relationships with potential employer partners to secure their commitment to introduce a payroll savings scheme for their employees.
The candidate should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and extremely confident, must be flexible as evening, weekend work maybe required and must be able to work well under pressure.
The successful candidate should possess strong marketing and sales skills, excellent presentation skills, interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish new employer partnerships: Identify and research potential partners and engage with key contacts to secure employer participation of the payroll deduction savings scheme.
- Continue to build effective working relationships with existing employer partners to promote the credit union and expand membership.
- Identify opportunities for implementing promotional and product awareness campaigns through employer communication channels.
- Participate in periodic outreach programs to maintain the credit union's visibility with existing members and promote utilization of the credit union’s products and services.
- Build CU brand awareness through on-site business events, networking, and other business outreach activities.
- Develop promotional strategies to increase take-up of credit union products and services amongst existing and potential members.
- Train and support ‘CU champions’ operating within new and existing Employer sites.
- Recruit and train new volunteers to help support the Credit Union payroll deduction promotional activities.
- Analyse needs for Business Development activities and assist the Manager in developing a CU Payroll Development Strategy plan and CU Marketing strategy plan to contribute towards the recruitment of new employer partners and increased employee take-up of CU membership.
- Monitor, track, and report on new account growth and lost account attrition.
- Support the Manager in the design and distribution of promotional material.
- Submit monthly progress reports for Board of Directors / Management review.
- Keep up-to-date with Credit Union services and products, along with legal and regulatory compliance in the credit union industry.
As an employee of this organisation you may gain privileged knowledge of a highly confidential nature relating to private affairs and information. Such information should not be divulged or passed to any unauthorised person or persons; this must be adhered to at all times. Particular regard should be given to the responsibilities of individuals and the organisation under appropriate legislation, notable General Data Protection Regulation.
To Apply: We require a covering letter and an up to date CV, which can be:-
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post to: Mrs D Shearing (Manager),
139 High Street,
Closing Date: 29th June 2018
Interviews: 6th July 2018
Person Specification for Payroll Development Officer
Minimum 5 GCSE’s, Grade C or above; including English and Mathematics
Delivering marketing campaigns
Managing partner and relationships
Experience of working in a target driven environment
Working in a sales environment
Presentation and public speaking skills
Ability to work to deadlines and manage own workload
IT literate and able to use MS Office
An understanding of Credit Unions
Excellent communication skills
Able to demonstrate presentation skills
Able to work as a member of a team
Committed to Equal opportunities
A self-starter, self-motivated and confident
Committed to achieving targets
Able to initiate new leads and follow up
Current driving licence and access to own transport
Apply for Marketing & Business Liaison Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly