Operations Finance Manager / Finance Controller
Job Title: Operations Finance Manager
Location: Blairgowrie in Perthshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is the leading independent water retailer in the UK and having established our business to participate in the English and Scottish water markets, they are now strategically positioned to take full advantage of the deregulating business water market in England.
This role is based in Blairgowrie in Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee.
The finance function is core to the funding and management of the Company's recent growth and has quadrupled in size during the last 12 months. Further growth in the team is planned in order to support the business going forward.
As such they are looking to recruit an Operations Finance Manager to support their operational areas in the financial, reporting and control challenges facing them. They are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals, who embrace and encourage rapid change and challenge the status quo. This role will be based within operations but will work closely with the wider Finance team to ensure delivery of corporate objectives.
Their head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee, and equi-distant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. The area provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Control and develop key processes to analyse invoicing, cost of sales and account margins
- Identify anomalies and liaise closely with the relevant teams within Operations to implement corrective actions
- Conduct analysis of monthly statements of wholesale charges, identifying and resolving errors
- Provide timely and accurate financial analysis, reporting and management information to monitor performance and support decision making
- Analyse large data sets to produce invoice and cost of sales reporting and KPI's
- Utilise data to identify and implement process and control improvements and efficiencies
- Identify control gaps and implement processes to close gaps and create efficiencies
- Use insight gained from analysis to propose business change
- Supporting ad hoc projects and initiatives as required
- Undertake financial analysis and due diligence for all initiatives
- Drive best-practice sharing, efficiency increases and standard setting
- Manage and develop a small team to deliver the above outputs
- Qualified accountant
- Ability to utilise analysis conducted to support and promote business decision making
- Highly articulate & confident under pressure
- Tenacity to investigate & resolve issues
- Team work - cross team working
- Excellent MS Office skills and experience of methodical analysis of large data sets
- Experience of database manipulation preferred
- Financial and business acumen to question and proactively resolve data anomalies
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter to apply for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Accounting, Operations Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Financial Assistant, Management Accountant, Finance Coordinator, Senior Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Accounts Manager, Finance Specialist, Financial Executive, Finance Controller, Financial Accounting, Head of Finance, Cost Controller and Accounts Controller may also be considered for this role.