Commercial Accountant / Commercial Analyst
Job Title: Commercial Accountant / Analyst
Location: Blairgowrie in Perthshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is the leading independent water retailer in the UK and having established our business to participate in the English and Scottish water markets, they are now strategically positioned to take full advantage of the deregulating business water market in England.
This role is based in Blairgowrie in Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee.
The finance function is core to the funding and management of the Company's recent growth and has quadrupled in size during the last 12 months. Further growth in the team is planned in order to support the business going forward.
As such they are looking to recruit a Commercial Accountant/Analyst to support their operational areas in the financial, reporting and control challenges facing them. They are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals, who embrace and encourage rapid change and challenge the status quo. This role will be based within operations but will work closely with the wider Finance team to ensure delivery of corporate objectives.
Their head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee, and equi-distant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. The area provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Act as the key conduit between the Commercial, Operations and Finance Teams
- Provide timely and accurate financial analysis, reporting and management information to monitor performance and support decision making
- Provide control & oversight of Commercial billing processes including review and analysis of invoicing, cash collection and settlements
- Manage reporting, forecasting and planning processes in line with business requirements
- Provide input to companywide reporting processes (e. debt analysis)
- Ensure billing systems interface and reconcile with finance systems
- Develop forecasting and budgets for sales, margin and cash collection
- Identify control gaps and implement processes to close gaps and create efficiencies
- Supporting ad hoc projects and initiatives as required
- Use insight gained from analysis to propose business change
- Undertake financial analysis and due diligence for all initiatives
- Drive best-practice sharing, efficiency increases and standard setting
- Qualified Accountant (CA or equivalent, CIMA or ACCA)
- Part qualified or qualified by experience will be considered if CV meets requirements
- Ability to utilise analysis conducted to support and promote business decision making
- Highly articulate & confident under pressure
- Tenacity to investigate & resolve issues
- Team work - cross team working
- Excellent MS Office skills and experience of methodical analysis of large data sets
- Experience of management reporting, review and implementation of financial controls
- Financial and business acumen to question and proactively resolve data anomalies
Please click on the APPLY button and submit your CV and Cover letter to apply for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Commercial Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Senior Accountant, Finance Analyst, Finance Controller, Commercial Financial Accountant, Commercial Finance Controller, Finance Coordinator, Group Accountant, Qualified Accountant, SAGE, Accountant, CA, ACA, CIMA, Senior Commercial Accountant may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Commercial Accountant / Commercial Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly