We are looking for 2 practitioners to join our team at Ladybird. We are a small, private nursery established over 20 years ago close to the train station and Godalming town centre. Applicants will preferably have a level 3 qualification in childcare as well as enthusiasm and a commitment to the care and education of children through play. There are two posts - one in our baby/toddler room and one in our pre-school. The jobs are full time working 40 hours over a 4 day week, paid bank holidays off plus 20 days annual leave, 45 minute paid lunch break, pension scheme and uniform tops and jackets. We have an on-going commitment to safeguarding and all posts will be subject to a completed DBS disclosure and references.
Main purpose of role:
- To act professionally as part of a team, providing care for the children left within his/her supervision and ensuring their safety and well-being. To contribute to the creation and maintenance of a safe, varied and stimulating environment.
- To prepare and set out playrooms, including outside garden before children arrive and tidy up after the children leave.
- To plan, prepare and implement varied and interesting activities, projects, play experiences and displays for the children whilst following the EYFS.
- To observe, record and promote the children’s all round development including the use of Tapestry.
- To participate in the development of, and support the implementation of, the nursery’s Policy and Procedures documents.
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment in which to carry out his/her duties.
- To support, guide and mentor nursery assistants, apprentices and work experience students to enable them to achieve their maximum learning potential.
- To understand and implement the nursery’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
- To liaise with parents and encourage their involvement.
- To liaise with other staff and professionals.
- To ensure in room admin is completed.
- To attend staff meetings, training courses and other relevant meetings as directed by the deputy manager and/or manager.
- To participate in special events, outings, visits and parent evenings.
- To maintain client confidentiality.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder.