To work with colleagues at the Customer Service Centre (CSC) and in your region to ensure that our customers receive seamless and excellent customer service.
To visit customers as required by the business and make decisions determining the best course of action in carrying out generic Housing Management, including other related tasks that are assigned by the CSC.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of working within a customer-focused role and able to demonstrate effective relationship-building, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, demonstrating empathy with customers.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise; demonstrable ability to reach sound evidence based decisions, including in a lone working/mobile working environment.
- The ability to adapt communication style appropriately in order to deal with a range of issues in a firm and fair manner in line with the organisations valued behaviours.
- Ability to manage conversations and meetings drawing them to a timely conclusion.
- Excellent knowledge of housing and neighbourhood management, housing law, Universal Credit and welfare benefits and reform and how this relates to the work of a Registered Provider.
- Able to work in a multi-agency environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including computer literacy.
- Ability to manage and prioritise heavy workloads with the ability to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Understanding of relevant environmental and social issues and their impact on service. Able to work within a framework of continuous development and improvement with a willingness to learn and share new ways of working and undertaking required qualification such as CIH level 3 or equivalent.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Customer Service Centre (CSC) colleagues, and others, to ensure collaborative, cross functional working to achieve key performance indicators.
- To respond to requests from property colleagues on supporting individuals and / or groups of customers with initiatives that address their needs and improve their quality of life opportunities and hold regular neighbourhood surgeries
- Manage estates to maintain standards, including carrying out regular inspections with our stakeholders and customers as a means to identify any repairs, improvements, health and safety concerns or other issues to sustain excellent communities where people choose to live.
- To support active customer groups.
- Promote Home as the landlord of choice by acting as an ambassador to develop and maintain a positive relationship with its customers.
- To liaise with property colleagues and provide information to inform Planned Work programmes and actions arising from Fire Risk
- To identify customer needs for Aids and Adaptations through profiling or Home Visits
- To carry out effective customer consultation on local service charges and responds to customer enquiries
- To ensure a proper induction of new customers to Home Group and their communities.
- In conjunction with the CSC, prioritise the delivery of core housing services and achieve key performance indicators for; allocations and lettings, ASB, lettings, voids, arrears, gas service access, repairs fulfilment, estate inspections, complaints and customer satisfaction.
- Flexibility to attend meetings out of hours and undertake national and regional travel as required.
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Customer Service Centre
- Customer Experience Team
- Development re new schemes and modernisation work
- Insurance Team re insurance claims for compensation from tenants
- Legal Department RTB issues, shared ownership queries, housing law matters, land ownership issues
- Property Teams
- Public Relations/Marketing team
- Scheme Managers re sheltered accommodation, Leasehold Management
- Care and Support, Shared business services, Financial Services
- Customers & Potential Customers
- Local Authorities in relation to nominations, homelessness, environmental health, Social Services, Occupational Therapy
- Housing Benefit
- Refugee service re refugees or asylum seekers
- CAB re complaints or queries received
- Ward councillors
- Benefits Agency
- Statutory and Voluntary Agencies
- Support Agencies - GP's, Mental Health Teams, Mediation
SCOPE FOR IMPACT
- Work within housing management policies, tenancy agreements and estate plans. Case management is escalated from the Customer Service Centre where a face to face visit is required or is the most appropriate method of communication for the custom
- The role entails a wide variety of complex problems to be resolved. Achieving solutions to some problems can involve liaising with colleagues across the business in addition to a wide variety of agencies.
- The Customer Service Centre are responsible for complex arrears management and debt recovery with the Customer Manager ensuring high quality, timely and effective service delivery at a face to face level with customers as directed from the Customer Service Centre.
- The Customer Manager will be required to appear in court and at evictions, providing a robust and outcome focussed service.
- In other cases of debt, the Customer Manager and Performance Leader assist with write offs, former tenant debt recovery through a Debt Collection Agency, serving Notices to Quit and enforcement of removal of garages from garage sites after non-payment etc.
- To develop relationships across the organisation and support the organisation and colleagues to achieve results and improved performance.
- Work with colleagues to assist in effective risk management and ownership.
- To undertake all reasonable training activity designed to support you in your role.
- Apart from a responsibility for your own health, safety and welfare, ensure that staff under your supervision perform their duties with due regard to the organisations Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and Safe Systems of Work in a safe working environment.
- Promote equality and diversity as an integral aspect of working at the organisation and lead by example.
- To undertake any further duties as requested by your Line Manager commensurate with the level of your post.
Apply for Housing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly