Senior Commercial Consultant / Project Manager - Food & Drink
Job Title: Senior Commercial Consultant
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company provides a full range of specialist consulting services to the food and drink industries worldwide. We have over 1,000 clients across more than 50 countries and offices in Bath and the US.
An integral member of the Advisory Team, the Senior Commercial Consultant will be responsible for proposing, planning, implementation and successful delivery of advisory projects. You will join as a senior consultant and possess commercial acumen in the beverage and dairy industry to knowledgably advice clients on strategic recommendations. The ideal candidate will be confident in undertaking new challenges, able to harness the collective strengths of the team to deliver high quality work, strong communicator, able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable in presenting and providing recommendations to senior management.
- Client engagement: Day-to-day liaison with clients from project inception through to project completion ensuring all core objectives are met. Developing client relationships and converting potential leads to proposal and projects. Supporting key account management activities.
- Advisory development and thought leadership: Contribute to the development of new client-facing consulting tools and processes
- Project management: Planning, organising, implementing and closing advisory projects. Lead projects of varying complexities either as an individual or as a team.
- Project delivery: Be confident in delivering the final output to clients, written or in presentation. Be able to devise solutions to clients' problems. Successfully delivering projects to clients' satisfaction.
- Research and analysis: To gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative data, develop insights and recommendations, and convert into client-presentable format.
- Building expertise: To build expertise in key categories, countries and regions relevant to the food and drink industry, especially beverages and dairy.
- Team development and guidance: To develop the skills and experience of the team by mentoring staff and facilitating their career development in line with Human Resources policy.
- Passion for food and drink industry
- Preference to candidates with minimum 3-5 years food and drink or FMCG industry experience in sales, marketing, supply chain or purchasing
- Track record of leadership, project management and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and orally in English
- Deep commercial acumen and understanding of clients' industries and their strategic and operational challenges and opportunities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Tenacious in the pursuit of information
- Proactive, resourceful and able to multi-task
- Strong team player
- Creative and independent thinker, enjoys being challenged
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and at minimum, intermediate level in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in other languages preferable, such as Mandarin, Arabic, Russian, German, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record in Business, Commerce, Economics or ArtsExisting knowledge of Wordpress and Adobe Photoshop a bonus.
- Holiday entitlement is 28 days including bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Discounted gym membership
- Private Health cover
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Permanent, full-time position, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 17:00
- Hours of work 37 per week with 1 hour for lunch
- The notice period will be two months on either side following successful completion of probationary period of 6 months
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Project Manager Project Planner, Project Management, Project Management, Business Process Project Manager, Commercial Project Manager, Food and Drinks Project Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Senior Commercial Consultant / Project Manager - Food & Drink
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly