Supply Chain Assistant
Simply Media is a leading home entertainment company, specialising in the sales and distribution of DVD and audio products via wholesale, online and mail order.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual to join our Logistics team. Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager, the role requires someone with good organisational skills, attention to detail and strong communication skills. Working as part of a small team you will be responsible for ordering and managing stock levels across our DVD and Audio lines. You will be the primary contact for all of our suppliers and warehouses as well as being responsible for maintaining and updating stock information on our internal systems.
- Determine order quantities and place purchase orders with suppliers
- Update orders with customer reference/deletions/out of stocks
- Liaise with internal departments and suppliers to improve efficiencies
- Answer all queries in relation to orders placed from our suppliers.
- Produce overdue reports and chase suppliers for stock deliveries
- Update systems with stock status and spec information
- Maintain our ordering system - updating existing and adding new products as necessary
- Reconcile reports to ensure stock booked into warehouse corresponds with systems
- Main point of contact for two warehouses
- Answer any booking queries and investigate discrepancies with warehouses and suppliers
- Report shortages or damages to suppliers
- Manage and record returned stock
- Request credits for faulty goods from suppliers
- Work with Accounts on pricing and invoicing queries
- Check off freight invoices
- Maintain and update contact spreadsheets
Key Skills & Attributes required for the role:
- Good IT skills, with experience of using MS Office software, particularly Excel
- Strong attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills, and confident in speaking to others via phone and email in a professional manner
- Good organisational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive
- A willingness to develop and learn
If interested please send in a copy of your CV with your application.
Apply for Supply Chain Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly