Art & Photography Teacher
North Cambridge Academy
Art & Photography Teacher
To start September 2018
60% - 3 days per week
Pay Scale -MPS/UPS
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Art teacher to join a thriving and successful performing arts department. North Cambridge Academy has a progress score of +0.23 (2018), you are looking at a small school where you will make a profound difference to children’s life chances.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQT’s alike. The successful candidate will be joining a department of dynamic individuals who pride themselves on offering an incredible learning experience for pupils and a collaborative, exciting working environment for the whole performing arts team. For example; the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with external organisations, such as Kettles Yard and Cambridge Museums. The successful candidate will also be asked to participate in the school’s thriving extra- curricular programme.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A believer in the potential of young people, with a mind-set that all children can experience success.
- Committed to the pursuit of excellence
- A team player with a strong desire to work collaboratively with department colleagues and external arts organisations.
Teachers at North Cambridge Academy can look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
We can offer you
- An induction programme for new staff
- Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
- Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
- Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
- Free breakfast in the school restaurant and free tea and coffee throughout the day.
- Ample on site car parking in a city location.
- A member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area.
North Cambridge Academy moved into a brand new state of the art building two years ago, which affords us an excellent working and learning environment. We are situated to the north of the city, approximately a mile from the centre of Cambridge. There is easy access from the A14 and we are close to the new Cambridge North train station. Cambridge is a vibrant university city with a growing reputation as a great place to live.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27th June with interviews week beginning Monday 2nd July.
North Cambridge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that the post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.