Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive - £30,000 basic per annum + commission – Clerkenwell, London – Full Time, Permanent.
We are advertising for a company who are a leading UK manufacturer of office furniture. Established since 1974, they are a family Company who pride themselves on their quality of product and commitment to client service.
The values of Integrity, Commitment, Development, Accountability and Teamwork underpin the behaviours and aspirations of our client. In any role advertised they are looking to recruit individuals who reflect these values.
You will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities via telephone in your assigned region. You will also actively seek achievement of revenue, profitability and growth in line with our client’s vision and values. You will establish plans and strategies to expand your customer base and contribute to the development of the overall sales and marketing strategy.
Duties and responsibilities of role
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to plan and prioritise personal sales activities, whilst managing a personal business portfolio.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through ethical sales methods and optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, whilst recording, analysing and reporting as the role necessitates.
- Plan, carry out and support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience and proven success gained in a sales environment, ideally within the furniture manufacturing industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Good knowledge and understanding of sales and project management principles.
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and problem solving skills, whilst being self motivated, assertive and able to influence.
- Ability to analyse information and identify trends and issues.
- Understanding of MSOffice and ideally some knowledge of specialist sales packages.
Terms of role
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 08.30 to 17.00 although some flexibility will be required.
- Salary: £30,000 base salary plus an excellent commission package.
- Benefits: Nest pension and Death in Service insurance.
- Locations: Office based in Clerkenwell, although additional travel may be required.