MARKETING AND TEAM ASSISTANT
MARKETING AND TEAM ASSISTANT – ONE CHELMSFORD BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (BID)
Do you have a passion for marketing and helping organisations become successful? Are you interested in the role of city centres. Do you want to be part of a small dynamic team making a big difference to Chelmsford businesses?
Then we would like to hear from you. One Chelmsford, a new place-management organisation in Chelmsford City Centre, is seeking a creative and motivated candidate to work with the new BID Manager to help take our vision forward. The role will have two key components; marketing support and administration support.
Over the last few years Chelmsford has been undergoing a renaissance in line with its new city status, with significant investments in office space and new retail areas such as Bond Street, a new leisure centre in the pipeline and thousands of new homes being built. Just 35 minutes from central London by train, Chelmsford’s location can make it an attractive place, but it also means it needs to be competitive to retain businesses, visitors and staff.
One Chelmsford believes we need to take advantage of this momentum to cement Chelmsford’s increasing confidence as the county’s premier business and leisure destination. It has therefore successfully campaigned to set up a Business Improvement District (BID) as a way to give businesses the power to address issues they face and to give businesses a strong voice in Chelmsford’s future development.
The One Chelmsford BID proposals were successful at a ballot of businesses in February 2018. We now want to move quickly into action, taking advantage of the positive momentum.
In summary, the new BID has promised to start by focusing on three main areas:
- Destination Chelmsford
- Co-ordinating a city-centre marketing strategy including helping businesses present a positive image, a digital and social media strategy for the city, and filling the gaps in visitor information
- Enhancing the City’s events programme and providing opportunities for business involvement
- Animating our public spaces, for example by making more creative use of our rivers
- Developing an ‘Evening in Chelmsford strategy to support the transition from the day-time to night-time economy
- Championing retail diversity and creative use of empty shops
- City Centre Operations
- Co-ordinating the collection and sharing of intelligence on business-crime, nuisance behaviours and public realm issues, acting as the eyes and ears to support efforts by the Council and Police to address these
- Providing a uniformed on-street ambassador presence at key times of the year
- Ensuring Chelmsford sparkles; providing additional wet-washing or grot-spot cleaning at strategic times
- Championing improvements to traffic management, parking and transport infrastructure
- Stronger Business Community
- Securing saving for businesses
- Making sure businesses have a voice in the strategic planning of Chelmsford
- Advocating for businesses in the City Centre and monitoring and championing the effective use of business rates as we move towards a system of more local retention
- Keeping businesses well informed and providing networking opportunities
- Supporting businesses with the provision of key intelligence about Chelmsford and its visitors
One Chelmsford is seeking an exceptional candidate to work with the new BID Manager to help take our vision forward. The role will have two key components; marketing support and administration support.
Applications must be received by 6pm, Friday 29th June 2018.
Interviews will be held early July 2018