Assistant Driller – Geotechnical
We are looking for an assistant driller to work on geotechnical drilling rigs. A UK driving licence is required. No previous experience in the drilling industry is necessary; the company will provide all the training you require. All that is needed is a practical approach and willingness to get stuck in.
The job role is to assist the Lead Driller in the forming of boreholes for geotechnical sampling. This includes:
- Inserting and withdrawing drill tooling and sampling barrels to/from the borehole
- Removing samples from the sample barrels and ensuring they are correctly labelled
- Preparing barrels and greasing equipment
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area
- Backfilling boreholes with grout or installing water monitoring instruments
- Reinstating work areas following completion of boreholes
- Driving company vehicles to and from site
This can be a fantastically rewarding job for those who are motivated to see a job done well; no two sites are the same. It offers a continually changing working environment and plenty of opportunity for personal development.
We are a small and relatively new company, and as the company continues to grow there is scope for individuals to advance their career.
Apply for Assistant Driller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly