Assistant Driller – Geotechnical
We are looking for an assistant driller to work on geotechnical drilling rigs. A UK driving licence is required. No previous experience in the drilling industry is necessary; the company will provide all the training you require. All that is needed is a practical approach and willingness to get stuck in.
The job role is to assist the Lead Driller in the forming of boreholes for geotechnical sampling. This includes:
- Inserting and withdrawing drill tooling and sampling barrels to/from the borehole
- Removing samples from the sample barrels and ensuring they are correctly labelled
- Preparing barrels and greasing equipment
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area
- Backfilling boreholes with grout or installing water monitoring instruments
- Reinstating work areas following completion of boreholes
- Driving company vehicles to and from site
This can be a fantastically rewarding job for those who are motivated to see a job done well; no two sites are the same. It offers a continually changing working environment and plenty of opportunity for personal development.
We are a small and relatively new company, and as the company continues to grow there is scope for individuals to advance their career.