Community Safety Team Coordinator / Community Safety Manager
Job Title: Community Safety Team Coordinator
Location: Maidstone (travel across the county may be required on occasions)
Salary: £34,389 - £39,533 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, FTC 2 Years
Closing date: Sunday 1st July 2018
Interviews: Thursday 12th July 2018 (Interview will include a scenario based presentation. Scenario and preparation time will be provided on the day of interview).
The Organisation is seeking to recruit a Community Safety Team Coordinator to coordinate joint activity between the three agencies (which includes Kent County Council and Kent Police) within the Kent Community Safety Team (KCST) to ensure that they deliver the statutory requirements set out within the Community Safety Agreement and which fit their organisational objectives.
The post is a 2-year fixed term contract initially but with the potential to be extended subject to future development needs.
Purpose of the role:
The post holder will be responsible for the coordination of joint activity between the three agencies within the Kent Community Safety Team (KCST) ensuring that they deliver the statutory requirements set out within the Community Safety Agreement and which fit their organisational objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To lead on the development of a KCST Business Plan and on the ongoing development of the KCST, including the future role and function of the team.
- To work closely with the KCST Team Leaders to support and enhance the current joint working arrangements.
- To lead on the development of multi-agency projects, engaging with a variety of services and developing funding bid applications to support delivery.
- To take a lead role in the delivery of the annual Community Safety Conference and will represent the KCST at relevant local and national events, establishing and maintaining strong working relationships.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate an extensive knowledge of relevant community safety legislation and have experience of working within a multi-agency environment.
- Be a highly effective communicator with strong influencing, motivation and team working skills.
- Have good organisational skills with the ability to manage projects and effectively prioritise complex workloads.
The successful applicant will require a DBS check and Level 2 Non-Police Personnel Vetting clearance.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Community Safety Team Leader, Fire & Rescue Safety Officer, Community Support Safety Coordinator, Community Safety Programme Officer, Community Safety Supervisor, Community Safety Officer, Road and Water Safety Officer, Fire & Rescue Safety Advisor, Enforcement Officer, Community Support Officer, Community Support Team Leader, may also be considered for this role.