Our client is a well known and highly respected business in Crick and they`re looking for a confident Workshop Supervisor to lead their workshop engineer team.
In this role you will be assigning jobs and tasks to engineers to ensure productivity and efficiency and therefore the smooth operation of the workshop, managing the full range of activities including new build, refurb and repairs. Also responsible for the maintenance and testing of all workshop machinery, in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
Scope of Role:
- Day-to-day responsibility for all workshop engineers.
- This role will require the ability to deal across functions, from the workshop floor personnel through to Customer Service Managers and members of the Senior Management Team.
- This role includes team management and hands-on workshop duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring a process is followed for all equipment leaving the workshop for customer delivery. Equipment should be inspected for technical inaccuracies and ascetics considering at all times our customer impact.
- Progress orders through to delivery stage, planning of Engineer schedule to meet planned delivery dates. Provide daily direction to the workshop operations by updating the board and assigning tasks to engineers as necessary, following up to ensure work is undertaken in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Provide up-dates to Customer Service Co-ordinators on the progress of their orders as well as estimate delivery dates so they may to arrange external transport.
- Co-ordinate and manage leave requests (holiday / sickness) and identify items that are likely to cause an overload of work and in conjunction with the Management Team, plan accordingly.
- Responsible for proof reading orders before updating the board, checking for in accuracies and potential stocking issues. Highlighting any issues to the Customer Service Manager.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all products and services, past and present, in order to provide technical specification advice to the sales team as required.
- Be responsible for ensuring that a clean, tidy and safe working environment is maintained; In order to ensure high standards of quality and housekeeping throughout the Workshop. Responsible for locking / unlocking the workshop area and front gates in the mornings and evenings.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing all Health and Safety requirements in the workshop and surrounding areas. Including vehicles / trailers assigned to the workshop.
- Responsible for the production, management and physical stock count of hire machines and refurb stock, including accessories maintaining all underlying paperwork and updates via SAP.
- Responsible for ensuring the Workshop Engineers undertake bi-weekly reviews of their stock rooms ensuring they are up to date and accurate.
- Responsible for ensuring that technical training and development of internal engineers is undertaken as required.
- To promptly report all minor, major or unusual defects on company products, especially new models or modified products.
- To maintain all company tools, manuals and company supplied equipment in a satisfactory condition.
- To accurately complete and submit worksheets and all other required documentation in a timely manner.
- To report to your manager any incidence of machine abuse by customers, whether hired or purchased.
- To undertake projects as required by your manager from time to time.
- To ensure that the Company's Safety Regulations are followed at all times.
- To operate at the highest professional and ethical standards at all times;
- To operate at all times within the Company's policies and procedures;
- To promote and ensure a professional company image is maintained at all times;
- Take responsibility for understanding and agreeing action plan for own development needs;
We are looking to fill this role immediately so you need to get in touch with Naomi ASAP on 01788 579500 or email
Apply for Workshop Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly