5 days left
- Full Time
Location: Cambridge, GB
Category: Business Systems and Projects
Salary: £28,400 to £35,500
What it’s about
As Business Strategist you will join the small, friendly Corporate Affairs Unit, following the promotion of the present role-holder. At the heart of a dynamic and growing organisation, the Unit works directly with the Chief Executive and Directors in setting the strategic direction for our business, taking well-thought-through executive decisions, and in promoting quality, value and regulatory compliance among staff.
Working with the Head of Strategy, as Business Strategist you will be ensuring that Cambridge International’s strategy and business planning is well-evidenced, and that senior leaders have the information they need to track the implementation of our strategy. The role will involve collaboration across all levels of the business and has scope for self-directed work and opportunities to participate in high-profile strategic projects.
What you’ll be doing
- Collecting, organising and analysing information from across and beyond the business to inform our strategy, annual business plan and provide analytical support to key strategic projects
- Producing regular and ad hoc reports and analysis for the Chief Executive, Directors and corporate management
- Maintaining, and reporting to the Chief Executive and Directors on, strategic Key Performance Indicators to inform monitoring of the achievement of our strategy; and leading the commissioning, collection, management and quality assurance of the data
- Planning and implementing improvements to data quality, flow, and reporting, particularly data to help the organisation better understand and manage our resources
- Assisting the Head of Strategy (and Group Head of Strategy) with other strategic activities such as the monitoring of strategic delivery, or the design and delivery of strategy awaydays and senior management workshops, or strategic communication and staff development activities.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to at least first degree level,
- Key performance indicator and cost analysis knowledge; statistical qualifications or familiarity with the formal use of statistics is also desirable
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Analysing – makes sound judgements from available information to reach appropriate conclusions; gets to the heart of the matter by probing for information needed, questioning inquisitively, and thoroughly understanding requirements
- Communications – explains analysis and interpretation of performance information clearly and fluently in writing, graphically and verbally, adapting style to suit audience
- Organising and executing – works in a planned, systematic, methodical and accurate way to deliver a quality service to defined standards
- Business case development or commercial options analysis; reporting on corporate performance in a commercial organisation, including KPIs, metrics, balanced scorecards
- Handling, manipulating and presenting complex data; using business intelligence tools and reports is also desirable
- Working with a range of internal customers and stakeholders, often at senior level
- Can do – determined, resourceful and flexible to deliver the best results for the organisation within the agreed timescales and resources
- Embraces change – future focused, inquisitive, open minded and looking for opportunities to make improvements over time
- Collaborative and diplomatic – able to work and build relationships with team and busy internal colleagues and stakeholders, focusing on shared outcomes
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer colleagues a range of flexible working options which suit both the business and the employee. Please let us know of flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24/06/2018 and interviews will be held on 04/07/2018.
As a fair and equal employer, we want to make sure you have all the information you need about the job, so we always incorporate the job description into our ads. If you’re invited for interview, you’ll also receive that job description as a separate document.
In this spirit of transparency, if you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.