Lecturer in Graphics
Lecturer in Graphics
Salary: £23,431 to £33,252 per annum
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are currently looking for a Lecturer in Graphics to be part of a dynamic, busy and expanding department. This role will cover various aspects of graphic design and the ideal candidate will have expert knowledge in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud Software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach Graphics within the programme area as agreed with the Curriculum Manager.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Undertake normal administrative duties required of lecturers including assistance with admissions, enrolment, interviewing, and induction and providing management information as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ideally has a first degree (or equivalent in a relevant discipline).
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent) or willingness to train for one.
- Has expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Graphics, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 24 th June 2018