School Name: Learning Academies Trust
School Address: Embankment Road, Plymouth, PL4 9JF
Job Type: Full Time, Term Time
Salary/Grade: Grade E - Point 24 to 27 (£22,401 to £24,657) FTE
Application Deadline: Monday 18th June at 9am
Job Start Date: 1st September 2018
We are looking to appoint a 0.6 - F.T. Learning Mentor from September 2018 to join our MAT and work across a number of our inclusive and nurturing schools, in order to support our children’s learning and development and make an impact back in the classroom.
As a successful and growing MAT, the Learning Academies Trust is seeking to appoint a dynamic and strategically minded Learning Mentor who will go the extra mile and constantly strive to make a huge difference on the lives of our children.
The successful candidate will work in up to 3 / 4 LAT schools and have a range of responsibilities and duties but the purpose of their role will be:
- To lead and develop provision so that children have a calm and enjoyable learning experience
- To establish relationships with families with children in LAT schools through regular workshops and targeted events
- To develop and maintain effective and supportive mentoring relationships with children and those engaged with them
- To provide a complementary service throughout the MAT that enhances existing provision in order to support learning, participation and encourage social inclusion
- Work within an extended range of agencies for support and learning opportunities and improve the quality of services to children
- Under guidance from the respective Head Teachers and the Senior Leadership Teams, to engage with vulnerable families in order to formulate a range of packages of support for their child’s learning
- To act as a point of contact in the respective schools for families in need of support
- To regularly report back to the Head Teachers and other Senior Leaders on the children’s progress and attitudes to learning
Further details about this post are available on the LAT’s website, along with an application form. Visits to LAT HQ at Prince Rock are strongly encouraged and visit times are available by calling Maddie Wakeham. Postal applications should be addressed to Simon Spry at the address above; email applications should be marked for the attention of Simon Spry and sent to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 18th June 9.00
Visit dates: Thursday 7th June at 2.00 and 4.00 and Monday 11th at 4.00 all at Knowle Primary
Interviews: Monday 25th June pm The Learning Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and excellent references.
An application form and more details are available to download from our website: http://www.learningat.uk