Job Title: Design Engineer
Due to increased sales, a vacancy has arisen for a Design Engineer to work as part of the Production Engineering team for a company who manufacture catering appliances and bespoke stainless steel fabrications.
The candidate should be happy working in a fast paced busy environment and be a highly motivated self starter, with good organizational and time management skills.
The Design Engineer will work on a variety of bespoke customer orders that will be designed using Solid works. Manufacturing drawings will be created to make the designs at our client’s factory in Derby. Knowledge of CNC programming using Lantek or equivalent software is desirable but not essential.
The company is moving into a market of large kitchen fit outs and looking to find someone who is confident at using Auto CAD to manage drawings.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of products and will have the opportunity to follow projects all the way through from initial design to full manufacture.
Preferred skill set
- Practical problem solving mind set
- Able to work in a fast passed design environment
- Able to work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Good general knowledge of materials, and manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of 3D CAD package Solid works
- Experience of CNC Programming software e.g. Lantek
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Creation and maintenance of Solid works 3D CAD models
- Designing bespoke stainless steel fabrications
- Drawing technical assembly drawings
- Setting up manufacturing processes
- Contributing to our Lean, 5S workplace management initiatives
- Working to KPI’s to reduce scrap and improve utilisation.
- CNC programming
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Design Engineer, Product Design, CNC Programmer, CNC Programming, CAD, AutoCAD, Creative and Design.