Business Support Assistant
South Norfolk Council has an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Assistant to join the ICT team based in Long Stratton, near Norwich. You will join us on a full time, permanent contract and will receive a competitive salary £17,243 - £18,431 per annum.
The Business Support Assistant role…
It’s an exciting time to join us here at South Norfolk Council. We are using technology to change the way we deliver services and to provide exceptional customer experience to residents and businesses. This brings great opportunities and challenges for our ICT Team, and you’ll play a supporting role in it!
What you could be part of…
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing as a Business Support Assistant…
- Providing the first point of contact for all South Norfolk staff and Members requiring assistance with their IT systems, in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- Resolving support requests where possible as first line support, and working with second and third line teams for escalation
- Maintaining the IT team’s records/documentation including the configuration management database and the IT asset register. Ensure team documentation is kept up to date.
- Dealing with electronic Purchase Orders and Invoices, ensuring that they are all accurate, in keeping with South Norfolk policies and appropriately authorised. Ensure that all goods are receipted when received
- Supporting SNC staff and members with the use of BYOD and Corporate devices, including Office 365 and other systems.
- Working with confidence in dealing with challenging situations and the ability to work under pressure and demonstrate flexible working methods as required
You must have…
A demonstrable working knowledge of working within a Service Desk environment, and preferably an understanding of ITIL principles. You will possess good IT skills with knowledge of MS Office products, IT equipment and systems. Enthusiasm and the desire to advance within IT is a bonus. You will need to work well within a team environment as well as independently, be organised with your tasks and an ability to work to tight deadlines demonstrating attention to detail. You should also have good communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to relay updates clearly to a variety of customers.
What’s in it for you as our Business Support Assistant?
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), flexi time, on site café, compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As a Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
Closing date: 21 June 2018
Interview Date: 02 July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Business Support Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure from Disclosure Scotland.