Female Support Worker
New opportunity not to be missed! Peabody are looking to recruit Female Support Workers, to provide support and care to people with Learning Disabilities in Colchester or Wivenhoe area. In return as our Female Support Worker, you will receive a competitive salary of £17,063 per annum (£8.75 per hour). We have both full time (37.5 hours) and part time (22.5 hours) opportunities available.
Are you positive, kind and caring and can focus on encouraging choice, self-worth and support our customers to engage in the local community.
Peabody’s care and support services work with over 5500 people across London, Essex and the South East. Our main aim, across all these services, is to offer people just the right amount of support to help them live happy, fulfilled and independent lives. We are committed to putting the most vulnerable first and treating very person as in individual so that they can live more independently, with more dignity, choice and control.
As our Female Support Worker you will need to be flexible enough to work a cross a 24/7 rota, and have access to a car or other means of independent transport.
Key Responsibilities as our Female Support Worker include:
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a key work basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required.
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers with learning disabilities to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan.
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities.
- Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals
- Work with support workers and support coordinators to manage risks to customers, staff and the community.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Peabody policy.
In return, as our Female Support Worker, you will receive :
- A real working wage
- Paid training and DBS checks
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits package 1% of salary worth up to £300
- Paid Mileage at 44p per mile
- Spot Bonus
- Long service awards
- Friends and family referral rewards
So what are you waiting for, apply now to become a Female Support Worker with Peabody!