Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Argent Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join the team based in Motherwell. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a highly competitive salary.
Argent Energy is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England. Our main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005. Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of other facilities have been built in the Stanlow area which will increase our production capacity to 145 million litres per year.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager role:
You will lead the annual budgeting process and the work on the two subsequent in-year reforecasts and complete robust analysis reporting on the key commercial and operational drivers of the business and prepare relevant and insightful management information of this basis.
Key Responsibilities of our Financial Planning & Analysis Manager:
Areas of focus include:
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company’s portfolio of businesses
- Principal responsibility for the control of budgeting models, co-ordination of key inputs and preparation of reports as part of the annual budget and quarterly reforecast process
- Preparing monthly flash profit forecasts and perform actual vs budget variance analysis
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications
- Assist with the preparation of presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company
- Create and distribute KPI reports and analysis on relevant areas of the business including customer margin and raw material and feedstock/input costs
- General commercial finance support to the Operations and Commercial departments
- Performing financial analysis on key cost streams (for example Haulage, Utilities, Chemicals, R&M, Production)
- Provide input and support for the design and implementation of the new ERP system
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role and carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Qualifications, knowledge & Experience required of our Financial Planning & Analysis Manager:
- CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent qualified accountant
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Previous experience in a similar role essential. Ideally previous experience gained in a manufacturing/production or fuel environment
- Detail and process orientated
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Financial Planning & Analysis Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Friday 22nd June 18
Please note: Some travel to other sites will be required on an occasional basis
Apply for Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly